Recommended Online Stock Brokers
Best2Invest’s recommended stock brokers are based on own experience and feedback from various users.
They are arranged in alphabetical order and not ranked because each has pros and cons – a broker may be best for an investor but mediocre from the point of view of a trader.
Best Stock Brokers in the Philippines
BDO Securities Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of BDO Capital & Investment Corporation, is a full-service brokerage firm with a suite of products covering equities, fixed income securities and investment funds.
- Pros: Excellent financial and technical analyses, updated reports, easy account opening if you have an existing BDO, on-screen IPO reservation account, offers mutual funds
- Cons: Slow upload of the trading screen
BPI Trade is the online trading platform of BPI Securities, the stock brokerage arm of the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI).
It enables clients to post online orders to the Philippine Stock Exchange, offers real-time stock market quotes and comprehensive research.
- Pros: Excellent technical analyses, excellent internet response (good for traders), on-screen IPO reservation, access to market data and statistics
- Cons: Some outdated research and reports, mutual funds not available
COL Financial Group, Inc. is the fastest growing online stockbroker in the country with over 200,000 customers.
- Pros: Fast internet response, excellent financial and technical analyses, excellent market strategy research, offers mutual funds, on-screen IPO reservation, access to market data and statistics
- Cons: Screen too cluttered with data and links; thus the need for small fonts
All three brokers sport user-friendly interface and allow you to fund your account thru bank transfers. On the other hand, all three have their shares of technical glitches, down times, and slow-motion moments.
To apply for an online account, please see How to Open a Trading Account.